background

About Me

Christ-follower, Wife, Mom, Daughter, Teacher, Sister, Aunt, Lover of Disney, Saints, Gamecocks, Random

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Those who can't do teach? (wrong)

Dear Every Teach I Have Ever Had,
I am sorry. I am so so so very sorry. I am sorry for all the homework I never did. I am sorry for the study guides that you made that I didn't even think about doing. I am sorry that I never did give much of any effort. I am truly and genuinely sorry. Thank you for all that you did to ever try and help me. I really I am and was truly thankful I am just sorry I didn't show my gratitude sooner. Thank you and sorry.
Love In Christ,
Jessi Hardin Crippin

As pay back for my many year of slothfulness. I had a kid come into class today and tell me that they had gotten into late to do their homework, when they had sat in extended care this morning for at least an hour. It is frustrating to get students to live up to their potential. I know that if they were to try and do their best, one could go to Harvard and be the next president, while another a nurse and helping others out, another a best selling author. I see this in them and it disappointing when they do not meet the goals that I set for them in my head.
I am not saying that any of my teachers would think that I would become the next president or doing any great deed. I know they expect more from me though then what I gave. I can bet you money not one of my teachers ever thought that one day I would be a teacher. With my loathe for homework, my hatred for being up early in the morning, my lack of studying, and my lack-luster organizational skills. I could only figure that my teachers would think the worst of what I would become. I am sure never in a million years would they think that I would become one of them.
Now that I join the ranks of the teachers who drove me to this point. I understand their pain with me and my classmates. Bless them for we were a bunch of lost, non caring, and wondering souls when it came to school. Now I am teaching those wondering souls. I hope that I with God's help ( because trust me that's the only way to do it) I can help them not wander any more and know where they belong and who and what they can become. For they truly are a GREAT bunch of kids.
Some are working hard and doing all the things they need to. It's just those few who are like me (poor them). I love them all dearly. And everyday I thank God for those 13 wonderful kids sitting in front of me five days a week!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful thoughts; but you have grown to become a wonderful adult, a great person, a super teacher and a constant blessing to my life!!!!
    I am constantly amazed by your abilities!! Love U! MOM

    ReplyDelete