background

About Me

Christ-follower, Wife, Mom, Daughter, Teacher, Sister, Aunt, Lover of Disney, Saints, Gamecocks, Random

Monday, April 4, 2011

Just mad for Harry


Now all people who know me....know my goals living in New Orleans
1. Be the best wife I can be to Kris
2. Show and tell others about Jesus Christ
3. Meet Harry Connick Jr.
4. Go to HCJ concert
I am a very simple girl with very simple dreams. Well this past weekend I got to see him in concert for my Birthday. Some may say no big deal a concert is a concert. Umm.. Wrong...last real concert that I have been to would be Nysnc in the 6th grade with my wonderful sister...who so sweetly took me :). Yeah I was obsessed with Nsync. Justin Beiber doesn't hold a candle to anyone of those five guys. I was excited for That concert I couldn't sleep like the week before or after. Fast forward more than a decade later and you would have thought I was in the sixth grade again. I couldn't sleep the night before and I told everyone who I was a going to see (like they cared at all but they were still gonna know).
All the times he came to Greenville I was in another country or broke. So after 20 something years of borderline obsession I finally got to see him in concert :). The only sad thing...he didn't play "Wink and a Smile"' (our song..cheesy i know) but other than that it was the best concert I have ever been to. Kris even enjoyed. I think Kris might have thought he was a comic genius or something. I was amazed. Kris doesn't understand the HCJ love at all. Kris has never really been into music or has an obsessive personality like I do either. What can I saw "I was born this way." I didn't take any pictures which is really sad and dishearting because the signs said not to. I know plenty of people always break those rules but I wasn't going to get kicked out of something I have waited my whole life for.
So all that to say goal 4 in life is now crossed off. I would have really loved to have done three and four this weekend but that just didn't happen. You can guarantee when I hopefully if ever, meet him I will have pictures to document momentous occasion.

2 comments:

  1. You're cute :) Every time I see him on Will & Grace I always think about you! Can't wait to see you in only like 3 weeks!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am so excited that you got to see Harry
    2. You know that Nsync concert was awesome
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete