background

About Me

Christ-follower, Wife, Mom, Daughter, Teacher, Sister, Aunt, Lover of Disney, Saints, Gamecocks, Random

Monday, July 12, 2010

I Don't Wanna Grow UP

So 210 N. Queens could be the house of our dreams (maybe).

Sometimes, well quite frankly most of the time I do not feel old enough to be buying a house. I do not feel old enough to be married, have a dog, take care of rent, have gown up job, and so on and so forth. But I guess that i am old enough I just do not feel like I should be.

The two things that make me feel the oldest...buying a house and the question on every single person I have talked to in the last six months children. When did I become old enough to even ask about those two things? When did I become mature enough to even think of those two thoughts? I look in the mirror and I can see the effects of aging already starting to take place. At the ripe old age of 21 ;-) the notion of living forever on this earth is hitting me harder than ever.

You know the AT&T commercial where the man sees the woman on the train and then they skip ahead to their future and their son is president...yeah that does not appeal to me. I feel like it should. To grow old with the man I love and to have children that I am proud of who will have child. To see my sister, cousins, and friends with their children makes me want one but to think of them growing up and me having to grow older yeah not so much into that. I am i having a mid-life crisis before my mid- life?

And then to top it off all of my friends are getting married or in serious relationships. We are having careers of our own, nurses, teacher, working for newspapers. When did our dreams become reality? What is going on? When did we all become old enough to be old enough?

I still re-late life situations to things on tv. Grown ups don't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment